Hearts & Minds Books
Recommendations by ...
Enter your e-mail address to receive notifications when our blog is updated:
234 East Main Street
Dallastown, PA 17313
Mon. - Thu. 10am - 6pm
Fri. 10am - 8pm
Sat. 10am - 6pm
Welcome to our website! We are always adding to and updating our resources; we hope you enjoy browsing around.
Welcome to a bookstore which attempts to create a new space for serious, reflective readers. Unabashedly Christian, we are often told that we are different than most religious bookstores. Our name, we trust, gives a good first clue to what we are about.
What distinguishes us most is our enthusiasm for the development of a uniquely Christian worldview where Christ’s Lordship is honored and lived out in relevant ways in the midst of our highly secularized, post-modern culture. We offer quality books for the sake of faithful Christian living. We serve business folk, scientists, artists, college students, moms, dads (and kids!), pastors, poets and politicos. We believe Biblical faith leads to "thinking Christianly" about every area of life.
Recent Site Updates
- Three books on Paul by Michael J. Gorman -- and more! (Or: the missional hermeneutics of "Becoming the Gospel") ON SALE NOW
- The great, new "Leisure and Spirituality: Biblical, Historical and Contemporary Perspectives" -- and over 20 other somewhat related titles for your summer pleasure. ON SALE.
- If You Feel Too Much: Thoughts on Things Found and Lost and Hoped For -- the new book by Jamie Tworkowski (of "To Write Love On Her Arms") ON SALE at BookNotes
- A Great Gift for College-Bound High School Graduates -- An Encore Review: Make College Count: A Faithful Guide to Life + Learning by Derek Melleby ON SALE
- Two must-read books: Ghettoside (Jill Leovy) and Wanted (Chris Hoke) ON SALE at HEARTS & MINDS
- "C.S. Lewis's List" and Other Recent and Important Books on C.S. Lewis
- Introducing a great new series: ORDINARY THEOLOGY edited by Gene Green -- four small volumes, each very good! ON SALE
- I posted the Introduction to "Serious Dreams: Bold Ideas for the Rest of Your Life"
- READ the Introduction to Serious Dreams: Live Well, Do Good, Be True
- ANNOUNCING MY NEW BOOK: Serious Dreams, edited by Byron Borger - ON SALE Now